Got questions? Our Frequently Asked Questions have lots of useful information, hints and tips. If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, contact our Fundraising Team on 0131 659 4777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I sign up?
When you’re ready to sign up, simply head over to the Sign Up Now page. We’ll ask you for some basic details, such as your name and email address, and ask you to pledge a distance and fundraising target. You can then create your own fundraiser profile.
Still got questions about signing up? Give our Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email email@example.com.
Why do I have to sign up? Can’t I just get active and fundraise?
You can, but we want to celebrate the efforts of every member of Team Carr Gomm, help them reach their targets. By asking people to sign up, we can ensure everyone is recognised and appreciated throughout the campaign. Plus, Team Carr Gomm is all about inclusion, and signing up to the campaign enables you to join and feel a part of the Team Carr Gomm community.
Feeling unsure about signing up? Give our Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I don’t reach my distance or fundraising targets?
Don’t worry. Team Carr Gomm is about everyone doing what they can, so together we can Stomp out Loneliness. By setting a target, however, you’re giving yourself that extra bit motivation meaning you’re more likely to reach it. Once we total up everyone’s miles and fundraising, we’ll have raised a fantastic amount of money to Stomp out Loneliness, had great fun along the way and hopefully built some new friendships; and we may have even completed more than one lap of our 1,000 mile virtual route!
Fundraising isn’t as hard as you might think and you’ll be surprised how easy it is to achieve your miles and raise those pennies. Plus, our Fundraising Pack and Events page provide plenty of ideas to inspire you.
And, in the words of a well-known supermarket, every little helps!
Can we sign up as a team?
Yes, absolutely: the more the merrier! If you have a group of people who would like to raise money together, simply tell us who they are when you sign up. You can also invite each of your team members to join your Virgin Money Giving page; this ensures that everyone gets the recognition they deserve for their fundraising efforts.
I would like to get involved, but I’m not sure what to do.
How will my fundraised money be used?
How do I set up my Virgin Money Giving page?
Why do I have to set up a Virgin Money Giving page?
Virgin Money Giving is the easiest and simplest way for you and Carr Gomm to collect donations. By creating your own page and linking it to ours, everyone will be able to see exactly how much money has been raised by Team Carr Gomm. You can also share your page via social media and encourage as many people as possible to support you. Virgin Money Giving also processes Gift Aid claims which means we can be sure we are raising as much money as possible from every single donation.
Still unsure about setting up a page? Give the Fundraising Team a call on 0131 659 4777 or email email@example.com.
What if I already have a Virgin Money Giving page?
I agreed to some Terms and Conditions when I signed up. What were they?
- Team Carr Gomm is raising funds ‘in aid of’ Carr Gomm, not ‘on behalf of’, even if you are a Carr Gomm employee. This means that you are acting as a volunteer who is fundraising in an informal capacity. It also means you have far more freedom to be creative about how you raise money.
- We want to celebrate you joining Team Carr Gomm! By signing up to the campaign, you are agreeing to your name and your team members’ names being shared by Carr Gomm, on the Team Carr Gomm campaign site, in campaign news and updates, and Carr Gomm’s social media, as well as any content that you tag Carr Gomm in or that you share on Carr Gomm’s social media.
- You must not damage the reputation of Carr Gomm through your fundraising activities or communications. This includes any activity/posts/content on your own social media and to any of Carr Gomm’s social media sites.
- You must ensure that you have gained permission/consent from people in any photos of your fundraising activity prior to you posting or sharing them, whether that be on your own social media or Carr Gomm’s.
- You are solely responsible for all fundraising activities and any costs, loss or injury that may arise to yourself or anyone else whilst undertaking such activities.
- All paper sponsor forms containing names and addresses of donors must be passed to Carr Gomm’s Fundraising Team.
- All donations pledged/received from sponsors must be paid to Carr Gomm no later than 28 days after receipt.
- All donations made by cheque from the donor must be made payable to Carr Gomm.
- You must get the permission of the owner of any premises (including shops and pubs) before collecting or fundraising on their premises.
- You must get a licence from your local authority (if necessary) before holding a raffle or lottery.
- You must not carry out public or house-to-house collections.